Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Apinun!

Apinun!- Good afternoon,

I'm amazed how God is everywhere, even across oceans and
into the remotest parts of the earth! Col. 1:17 --He is
before all things and in Him all things hold together.

After spending a little over 48 hours traveling we finally
made it! Let me know how Independence day was, we
basically missed it because of flying over the time
change. <I flew from Houston to Los Angelos to Taipei,
Taiwan to Singapore to Port Mortsby (in PNG) then Goroka,
PNG.> There are 27 students here like me, coming from all
over the world! We stayed in LA for one night to have
travel & culture orientation. It was neat how God almost
instantly bonded our team. Last Friday, we trucked in to
the Interface campus (New Tribe Missions training base),
near Bena which is in the middle of several PNG tribes.

There are 3 families, and two single ladies who live on
campus plus two extra missionary couples traveling with
us. When we arrived, we started our study and teaching on
church planting. The missionaries rotate teaching everyday
on chronological bible storying methods,pheonetics, lang.
learning, prayer (even photography tips) :), etc. Yeah,
for running water, we have a good system on campus. No air
conditioning, but it's not really necessary with the
incredible climate. Everyday so far the surrounding tribes
have come onto campus to play sports with us. They're
beautiful, and they have steel toes from running around
barefoot. I wish I could send you pictures, but sadly the
computers here couldn't handle the gigabytes, ha.
We're going to a nearby village tomorrow! Thank you for
keeping PNG in your prayers! I'll keep you updated
weekly on happenings here. Love you all!


Lokim yu (goodbye),
Kirsten Wingate


-->I apologize if I'm missing some emails, I couldn't
retrieve my list from my USB port here. I appreciate you
passing along the word. :)

* For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the
whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart
is blameless toward Him. 2 Chronicles 16:9

>PNG is 13 hours ahead of Central US Time.

The mailing address here is:

NTM Interface
P.O Box 1079
Goroka, EHP 441
Papua New Guinea

No comments: